Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Traveling again

Although not as much as I used to do, I have started traveling again.... my few trips in last couple of months are:


1. A single day trip to Bahrain - Business Trip
This was the 5th time I visited Bahrain. The trip was a last minute plan and I was visiting a prospect customer to get more insight about the requirements and expectations from the vendors. As I have quite a few friends in Bahrain, I traveled a day earlier and spent some time with them. The meeting with the customer went very well and we are progressing in the deal. 


2. Weekend road trip to Diveagar - Family Outing
I was itching to take Xylo for a long ride but at the same time had to restrict the travel to the needs of the youngest one (my daughter) and the oldest one (my mother) in my family. So, we decided to visit Diveagar, a beach town 160 Kms away from Pune city. The outing turned out to be a great refreshment and we all had a ball. 


3. A week long trip to Delhi/Noida - Business Trip
A prospect customer was visiting our facility in Noida and I, along with other team members reached Delhi 3 days before the actual visit to ensure that everything for the D-day is planned. Right from food to seating arrangement to security clearances to contents of our presentation, everything was looked into. The visit was successful and customer was happy with what was presented. We are in next level of discussions with the customer and hopefully, we close the deal soon.


4. A single day trip to Mumbai - Business Trip
Some organization level initiatives were to be discussed and me and some other senior members were participate in these discussions. Well, you know how the board room discussions are, so I am not elaborating. But to be honest, there were lot of positive takeaways from this discussion. Many of the participating members met each other for the first time and everyone got a chance to express his/her own view and listen to other's views. 


5. Three day road tour to Solapur and nearby temples - Family Outing
Another itch satisfied. Again, my takeaway from the trip was a ride in Xylo and my family got a chance to visit famous temples near Solapur. We covered 800Kms in 3 days and managed to visit 4 temples. Overall a very nice trip.

No comments: