Thursday, September 8, 2011

Terror attacks.. yet again

I don't want to add anything to what the Media has added (and repeated 100 times since yesterday) on the blast, the damage, political opinion and even what Bollywood actors think about this incident. I want to talk about how I feel after this incident.

I would have imagined, since I am 1000 miles away from from blast site and none of my close ones stay in Delhi, that the incident shouldn't really affect me apart from genuinely feeling sad about it. There were floods and natural calamities which our nation has faced before. Then I was really sad but somehow got on to my usual routine in a day or two.

But this incident seems different.

We can control the damage during natural calamities but there is no sure shot way to stop them. However, terror attacks are done on purpose and everyone in administration knows that there are more attacks to come, but nothing is being done. It seems that any tom, dick and harry can plan a terror attack and with almost certainty would be successful in carrying it out.

In Pakistan, there are terror attacks almost every other day and many lives are lost during these incidents. What must be a common Pakistani feeling? If we take out the frequency of incidents, is there any difference in our state and that of Pakistan?

The US faced a terror attack and they managed to beef up security and after 9/11, nothing close to a terror attack has taken place. The UK was rocked by London blasts, but now has recovered by taking concrete steps like installing CCVT cameras at every nook and corner of the city. When I was in London about a year ago, I was amazed at the level of the security that the state has managed to increase. Israel was once upon a time a target of such attack from extremist in Palestine and West bank - at least that was the case when I visited Israel in 2005. However, things are very different and in control now. So, what is it that we, the Indians, are waiting for?

It seems that our administration has lost the morality and have accepted that such things would keep happening. They have even devised a way to doze the anger that is surged after such incidents - ask NIA to investigate, lock up a few suspects, put a court case, involve CBI,.. ,.. ,.. Time flies by and the anger diminishes and nothing is done to avoid another such incident.

You know, what is the difference I am feeling this time round? It is the feeling of being helplessness !!

No comments: