Sunday, October 11, 2009

Alonso in Ferrari - Who am I, an astrologer?

Although I plan to write blog frequently, I seldom manage to do it. But, right now, I am feeling happy that I wrote a blog on Fernando Alonso back in October 2008. I closed that post with a thought of Alonso in Ferrari and guess what.... The thought has come true. Alonso is indeed moving to Ferrari by end of this season and has signed a three year deal with option to get extension of one more year. So, my fluke turned into the truth and I am ready to call myself an astrologer !! :)

After Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso is the only complete driver. When compared to any other driver on the grid, Alonso stands out as the best. With a very mediocre car, he is able to generate some stunning results in qualifying as well as in race.

Ferrari has stopped all investments into the current F60 car and are concentrating solely on the next year's car. Considering their intentions for next year, it is safe to assume that the car which they will produce for the next year will be at par with any other team in F1. If a driver like Alonso gets into this car then results can tumble and we can see emergence of a true champion !!

In all this good going, I can't help but feel sad for Kimi. Kimi is another outstanding driver and at one time was knocking on the doors of the greatest driver. But, for some unknown reasons and contrary to his denials, he seemed to have lost the passion and it started reflecting in his race results. This lack in his drive was further dented by substandard car this year. Although during last few races, we could see the original aggressive Kimi, the damage was already done. The result: Kimi is out of Ferrari and his next seat in F1 is not assured. He indicated that he will only continue in Ferrari if he gets into a team that can compete for championship. This indication leaves us to wonder if he is going back to McLaren where he can replace lackluster country-mate Hekki. Speculations all over !!

But, forget about Kimi and Heikki, this moment belongs to Alonso and Ferrari and I can't wait to see their magic next season. But what if Fernando does not get along with Ferrari team management as happened during his tenure in McLaren?

Am I making another prediction????

1 comment:

Marco Antonio Hernández said...

Aamod, Hi Friend! I`m Marco from Central America El Salvador, (DWH-Digicel). Pls Contact me. I was Digicel to principles 2007. hrz.marco@gmail.com. Thnks.